30 Aug Career in Artificial Intelligence
What is AI?
Artificial intelligence is a branch of computer science that leverages computers and machines to recreate human intelligence in them. Machines are programmed to think like humans and they can execute a complex task with ease. The most relatable examples of AI are Alexa, Siri and Tesla. The AI market is expected to grow at a rate of 42.2% from 2019-2027 leading to a huge demand for professionals in the field. According to a report by Accenture, the artificial intelligence industry has the opportunity to add USD 957 Million by 2035 to India’s gross value, with a predicted growth rate of 15%. The demand of AI is high in different sectors including manufacturing, healthcare, automobiles, military etc.
– Students should pursue Science (PCM) post grade 10.
– Students can pursue a career in AI by doing their graduation in any of the following options:
1. Btech in Computer Science
2. Btech in Electronics and Telecommunication
3. BTech in Artificial Intelligence
The different entrance exams that the students can give to get into courses post 12th are:
- 1. JEE Main and JEE Advanced
- 2. BITSAT – Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- 3. MHCET – Maharashtra Common Entrance test
- 4. VITEEE – Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam
- 5. IPU CET – Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- 6. KEAM – Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medicine Entrance Examination
- 7. TS EAMCET – Telangana State Engineering Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test
- 8. OJEE – Odisha Joint Entrance Examination
In addition to this, there are various other examinations that students can give which are state and university specific to get into graduation courses.
The different entrance exams that the students can give to get into courses post graduation are:
- 1. GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
- 2. IPU CET – Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- 3. PUCET – Panjab University Common Entrance Test
- 4. TANCET – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
- 5. HPCET – Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test
And many more….
The various skills required to pursue a career in Artificial Intelligence are as follows:
- 1. Students who wish to pursue their career in Artificial Intelligence should learn various programming languages like Python, R, Java, etc.
- 2. Learn about Data analysis and Big data analytics
- 3. Learn about Machine Learning
- 4. Extensive knowledge of Mathematics, Probability, Statistics and various Algorithms
- 5. Good Command over Unix Tools
- 6. Good knowledge of Advanced Signal Processing Techniques
- 7. Stay updated with the current trends and learn new concepts quickly
There are many other courses available online that students can pursue in addition to their curriculum. Amongst these, Coursera AI Course and Google AI Course are commonly opted by students and professionals because it is cost effective and the duration is short.
|Name of the Course||Mode|
|Introduction to AI by IBM – Udacity||Online|
|Applied AI Course – Google||Online|
|AI Engineering Professional Certificate by IBM – Coursera||Online|
|Professional Certificate in Applied AI by IBM – EdX||Online|
|AI: Reinforcement Learning in Python – Udemy||Online|
Roles and Responsibilities of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineers:
- 1. Set up, manage AI development and production
- 2. Understand and explain the strengths/ potential and limitations of the programme/ machine
- 3. Build AI models from scratch – understanding the business requirements of the companies and solve their problems – convert it into production
- 4. Ingest data and transform it into usable structures
- 5. Choose the right AI machine to solve the problem
- 6. Develop prototypes and then the final product based on feedback.
Some of the most popular specialisations in AI include Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Python, Data Analysis, Language Processing. The various career options available are:
- 1. Scientist
- 2. Computer Engineer
- 3. Data Intelligence Expert
- 4. Machine Learning Engineer
- 5. Software developer
- 6. Data Scientist
- 7. Data Analyst
In addition to this, there are various other career options available. The student can select the specialization based on their area of interest, skills and personality. The salary of a professional can differ from upto 5 – 20 lacs approx. differing based on the institutes and job profiles.
The different companies that hire AI graduates are:
- Adobe and many more…
In recent times, a lot of businesses and companies have opted for the use of AI to solve their problems and use the insights obtained to gain more knowledge. During the pandemic, when the world saw massive cut downs with jobs in multiple areas, jobs in AI were the least affected. The advancements in technology will lead to multiple roles in AI and if it is something that excites you, the opportunities in the field are immense.