A SEMINAR ON HELPING CHILDREN WITH ATTENTION DEFICITS
A seminar on ‘Helping Children with Attention Deficits’ was conducted by the RMCC Team of Special Educators for parents of children with Learning Difficulties and attention disorders on 16th July , Saturday , 2022 . The seminar began in a unique manner , which created a sense of suspense and curiosity in the parents’ minds. Parents had to cross an obstacle course on the pathway to enter the seminar room. They then had to attempt three paper – pencil fun activity tests within a given time limit. Through these activities, the parents were explained the importance of the different types of attention. The activities generated interest and active participation among the parents. The seminar focused on helping the parents understand what attention is , the different types of attention, the impact of attention problems on children and effective strategies to deal with attention issues. The parents were interactive and clarified their doubts and problems that their children were facing in both areas of academics and behaviour. The “ Brain Break” activity energized the parents and made them realize the importance of setting brain breaks for their children. A relaxing short activity on “Mindfulness” helped the parents to experience what mindfulness is, as well as understand the importance of including mindfulness and meditation in the daily routines of children. The parents felt that the seminar helped them with strategies to help their children develop skills and to focus/ concentrate on their studies. They appreciated that the topic was smoothly explained and elaborated. It also gave them an insight into how to control their own behaviours as parents. Overall it was an informative, interesting and interactive session.
What Our Parents Say: (Feedback)
1) My child is facing attention issues and you people took up the right topic which now helped me in understanding more clearly the issue and solutions too.
2) My child is facing attention issues and you people took up the right topic which now helped me in understanding more clearly the issue and solutions too.
3) We have got valuable information regarding how we can improve the attention span of our children. I loved the tricks and tips given by the special educators through their presentations and handouts.
4) The seminar was awesome, both Sonali and Griselda Miss conduct the sessions brilliantly and we understand the topic really well. We learned many important things through them.
5) Very informative session. Good overview of child requirement so that they perform better.
6) It was very helpful session. We have got very nice information about how to deal with our kids in their studies, behavior and overall things.