The modern lifestyle with all its conveniences has also opened doors to a plethora of problems at a personal, relationships, work and social level. While there are stress, anxiety and adjustment problems related to academics and at work, between parent and child or partners, with employer, employees or colleagues, there are also issues that one faces with oneself like low self esteem and confidence, emotion management, assertiveness, setting boundaries etc.
Otto Perez Molino said
“We cannot continue doing the same thing and expect different results”
Unfortunately this is what most people do most of the time. They might vary the intensity or the duration but if the process is the same then the result will most often be the same.
A second option is discussing it with people around them who might be facing the same situation. One might get some guidance but mostly it becomes a case of the blind leading the blind. Even if they have managed to deal with the problem it is not necessary that their solution will work for you for every individual is totally different.
RMCC offers one the resources to deal with these issues with a team of trained and experienced professionals who not only offer you a space to discuss the issues without any judgment and in complete confidentiality but also consider the best options and resources available and figure out how to implement them. The counselor can also help the client decide on time frames, goal setting and decision making.
RMCC provides counseling service on:
- Child Counseling
- Parent-child Counseling
- Relationship Counseling
- Emotion Management – Anger, Anxiety, Depression
- Social Skills
- Personality enhancement and confidence building
- Self-esteem and body image issues
- Lack of motivation
- Clarity & Decision making
- Goal Setting
- Adjustment issues
- Communication problems
What is Personal Counseling?
Personal counseling is a process of self-discovery and growth. It can help increase
Self-confidence, improve relationships, solve problems, achieve educational/professional/ personal goals, and make good decisions for emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual well-being.
It is a platform to consider one’s emotional health and fulfillment, to examine one’s relationships and activities, to learn how to resolve personal problems or to talk with someone not personally involved with a situation who can give feedback from a different perspective. In this way, one can learn new skills and ways of looking at situations and become more capable of solving problems in the future.
There is a common myth that so-called ‘mad’ people go for personal counseling. It is, therefore, necessary to mention here that counseling is a process of growth and self-discovery and is hence, meant for mentally healthy and normal individuals. It is a goal based collaborative process, focussing on the client developing effective and adaptive thoughts and behavior.
Our counselors at Ramdhar Maheshwari Counseling Centre (RMCC) use various therapeutic techniques like NLP, Energy and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Breathwork, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT therapy), Behavioral Therapy, REBT, Transactional Analysis, and Gestalt to enable the client to adapt and reach his maximum potential.
Since our clients are not unidimensional, we believe in using an integrated approach to therapy to help clients from the space they feel most stuck at. This could be managing thoughts or feelings, or focussing on the behavior or the energy.
When to Seek Personal Counseling Services?
Our Counseling Psychologists provide support for a countless number of issues. While counseling might be helpful in numerous situations, there are some conditions in which we would particularly advise you to seek personal counseling services:
- You are unable to concentrate on your work or studies (School, College, Office, Home) or other activities
- You have difficulty interacting with people
- You are anxious in social situations
- You have a phobia of public speaking
- You do not feel good about yourself, the way you look or your life
- You have a very pessimistic way of looking at the world and other people
- You just experienced the loss of a loved one, in the form of death, separation, distance or break-up
- You are unhappy on most days or feel a sense of hopelessness
- You worry excessively on small matters
- You have increased your use of alcohol or other drugs (including cigarettes)
- You are having thoughts about hurting yourself or someone
- You are unable to sleep at night or constantly feel tired
- You have experienced a change in your appetite or your weight or regular habits
- You have had experience with sexual assault, relationship violence, stalking, abuse, or other trauma
- You are facing adjustment issues such as homesickness, academic problems, and difficulty in relationships
- You are clouded with questions/confusion about identity, self-image, sexuality, gender, religious concern, being in a relationship, professional decisions
- You are not able to voice your thoughts or feel misunderstood/judged
Who else can benefit from personal Counseling services?
Anyone and everyone can benefit from Personal Counselling as the other benefits of Personal Counseling are:
- Work through problems with a skilled & compassionate professional
- Have a safe and friendly listener; someone who is non-judgmental & supportive
- Talk in confidence about troubling or private fears and concerns
- Gain clarity and fresh perspectives on situations where you feel stuck
- Get better decision making and problem solving skills
- Be motivated to move on despite setbacks in life
- Identify goals for living the kind of life you would like to live
- Learn new behaviours and/or responses that may help you achieve your goals
- Get new perspective on relationship issues
- Feel more at peace
- Reduce stress
- Work towards greater fulfillment and mastery in your life
The Counseling Psychologists at Ramdhar Maheshwari Counseling Centre (RMCC) can help you identify, understand, and develop skills to resolve your personal concerns. Counseling is a clarifying process that enables a client to learn more about himself or herself. It is a chance to talk over what is on your mind with an objective person who can help you learn new skills and new ways of looking at situations so that you will be more capable of solving future problems on your own.
You deserve to live a fulfilling life abundant with happiness. Sometimes it is good to stop and reflect on our lives and our feelings, so that we can grow as a person and live a truly blissful life.